|Coals were kept hot from 11AM to 11PM|
|Best Hotdog of the Day|
This was the starter collection of games that we provided for the day.
- Lords of Waterdeep with Skull Port Expansion
- Dominion and Dominion: Intrigue
- Munchkin Panic
- Battlestar Galactica
- Apples to Apples (2)
- Settlers of Catan with Explorers & Pirates Expansion
- Sentinels of the Multiverse (1)
- Smash Up with every expansion available (yeah, I'm pretty proud of that)
- Legendary: Marvel
- Small World, Small World Underworld, with all the expansions
- Forbidden Island
- Skip-bo, Phase 10, Uno (1)
Brought later by others:
- Fluxx: Pirates
- Zombies!!! (1)
- Backgammon (1)
Finally, the night was to be the Epic Finish of our year long Pathfinder game. We have been following the Kingmaker Adventure Path. It is a sandbox style open world with site based encounters. As the players explore the land and meet the residents, they have the opportunity to become rulers of the lands. Unfortunately, after 15 years of relative peace with other nations as they develop their kingdom, someone has taken notice. Hobgoblins from the south are invading the land and their army is looking for slaves. However, we ran out of time to finish the arc as we might have enjoyed the day a little too much. We will complete it in the next two weeks.
|Pathfinder - "Hold the bridge!!!"|
|Pathfinder - Wyverns at the river|
Things we learned from our first ever Grill - Drink - Game Con.
- Our friends don't wake up before 11AM
- Long games are tougher to introduce (but dedicated players will play them anyway)
- MORE TABLES are needed - many people ended up playing on small surfaces
- Grill was a hit
- S'mores are a HUGE hit
- Playing Pathfinder with 10 people is something you have to lead into and combat is tedious
- I can see why Mik chose to do a whole weekend, the day ended too quick
- Liquor is great, and we still could have had more beers and wine coolers
What games do you recommend for game cons?