- Base coat black
- Overbrush base with FA Burnt Umber
- Drybrush model with FA Burnt Umber. Avoid the chain mail and the gun barrel as possible
- Drybrush base and model with FA Honeycomb
- Drybrush base with FA Teddy Bear as needed.
- Block in the gun barrel and chain mail (and grenades if present) with black
- Drybrush the gun barrel with a 2:1 mix of FA Metallic Gunmetal Grey and FA Metallic Sequin Black
- Use the same mix of FA Metallic Gunmetal Grey and FA Metallic Sequin Black to paint the bracers, gun stock band, and details.
- Drybrush the chain mail with FA Metallic Gunmetal Grey
- Paint the shovel and the smoke grenades with FA Medium gray. I am not entirely happy with this step, so feel free to find another level of shading on them.
- Block in the blue areas with FA Prussian Blue
- Dampen the shoulder pad with a wet brush, then highlight and blend with a mix of FA Cobalt Blue and FA Extender.
- Rank insignias were touched with a mix of FA Metallic Antique Gold and FA Metallic Sequin Black.
- Grenades were touched with FA Black Cherry, then tipped with FA Napthol Crimson
- Studs were tipped with FA Metallic Silver Sterling.
- The base was cleaned up with black around the ring.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
These are the paints I used in painting my Cygnar Trencher unit. I will eventually be painting a commando unit and I will want a similar effect. Feel free to read along. FA stands for Folk Art paints.