Instagram Feed

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weeks 1-10




Week 1 (3/11/12)
238 lbs. - BMI 36.2
And So It Begins- I started using EA Sports Active 2 Game.  It has a heart rate monitor, motion sensors that do not require the PS3 Camera, and a resistance band.  It also kicked my a$$.  I thought I was going to die the first time I worked out!  However, as I was laying on the floor, gasping for air, a trophy popped up.  Actually, about 5 trophies popped up.  I am a trophy seeker in video games and this was what I needed to play it again in two days.  It isn't perfect.  There are a few moves it has trouble registering (particularly squats), but over all, I give it a 4 out of 5.  It also got me moving enough to add other things to my work out.

Week 2 (3/18/12)  
236 lbs. - BMI 35.9
Bar codes and Food - I started counting my calories with the Lose It app.  I have used this before with mixed success but they have added a new feature that allows me to scan the food I am eating.  If it has a bar code, I can scan it and go.  It also tells me that if I lose 2 lbs. a week, I am on track to be down to 180 lbs. by Oct. 1st!

Week 3 (3/25/12) 
233 lbs. - BMI 35.4
Workout - I am in my 3rd week of a 9 week program on the EA Sports Active 2 game.  I am doing the Easy setting.  It is constantly mixing new exercises with previous ones.  I am really enjoying the boxing moves and making laps around my couch (I don't run in place very well).  Slowly, it is increasing the duration of my workout to 25 min.
Week 4 (4/1/12) 
231 lbs. - BMI 35.1
Running - I started running this week!!  I have lost 8 lbs, for an average of 2 lbs a week and I am right on track for where I want to be.  I think the last time I ran, I was 12 and in a gym class.  It's not pretty, but I can say I went jogging!  I am using one of the couch to 5k programs in 8 weeks.  I can play my play list on my iphone and it breaks in and tells me when to walk, jog, the half way point, and cool down.  I really like it!

Week 5 (4/8/12) 
228 lbs. - BMI 34.7
Other Activities - Today is Easter Sunday.  I am down 10 lbs and feeling good.  This also completes my first week of jogging and begins my second.  I am a little scared about what the jogging will look like but I think I can do it.  I am also starting to get interested in biking. My wife bikes and has a really nice 21 speed bike that scares me.  However, I want to see what I can do.  I may be buying a bike in the next month or two so we can go together.  We also received the Star Wars game for Kinect in our Easter Basket.  It was fun to be able to move around and not get so winded!
Goals achieved:  
Fit into a Men's XL Shirt - 4/2/12
Lose 8 lbs to get to 230 lbs - 4/3/12 
Begin running program - 4/4/12 
Finished Week 1 of Running Program - 4/8/12

Week 6 (4/15/12) 
225 lbs. - BMI 34.2
Notch on the Belt - I finished my second week of jogging!  I feel good and I even ran for part of the jog today!  I still have a long way to go on my journey but I feel better.  I am down another notch on my belt, I have lost 12 lbs, and the BMI calculator says my BMI is 34.2.  I tried biking this week but I really need to do something different with the seat.  I am still experimenting with it.
Goals achieved: 
Finished Week 2 of Running Program - 4/15/12 

Week 7 (4/22/12) 
223 lbs. - BMI 33.9
Good Choices - I lost another 2 lbs. this week, bringing me down to 14 lost so far.  I took about 3 days off due to family stuff but I am getting back to it.  I am making good food choices, even through the family stuff.  A friend of mine and I are also looking into doing a mud run in the fall, perhaps The Jail Break.  I also bought a bike!

Week 8 (4/29/12) 
223 lbs. - BMI 33.9
Back Problems - I tweaked my back this week and I have not been able to work out all week.  I have ongoing back problems and I know they will be reduced as I take the weight off.  It was still VERY discouraging.  I have been pretty vigorous in watching my calories and was able to maintain my weight, so I am still down 14 lbs so far.  I talked about doing a mud run with my friends and co-workers and got a huge response.  It looks like we will be participating in the 5k Foam Fest Oct. 20th.  I should be 180 lbs by then and I can't wait!


Week 9 (5/6/12) 
222 lbs. - BMI 33.8
Exercise Caution - This was a tough week.  I am still being very careful with my back and I kind of got out of the habit of exercising.  How quickly we stall!!  I worked out twice this week and did an hour of weed-eating.   I am down 16 lbs now, primarily due to good eating.  A friend pointed me at another app called Nexercise.  It doesn't track your calories but you get XP for each exercise you do.  There are also prizes along the way and discounts you qualify for as you exercise.  It's kind of a fun diversion.

Goal Achieved:
Lose 18 lbs to get to 220 lbs. - 5/7/12


Week 10 (5/13/12) 
219 lbs. - BMI 33.3
Will Work for Trophies - My back is fully recovered now and I am working out every day trying to get my trophy in EA Sports Active 2 for completing a 9-week program without missing any workouts.  It counts, as long as the sessions are made up before the end date.  I am down 19 lbs. and under the 220 mark!!  I also figured out that BMI has dropped 3 full points, from 36.2 to 33.3.  I am still in the Obese category (much to my embarrassment) but that is some major movement.  Three more points and I get to move into the overweight category! 
Goals Achieved: 
Complete 9 week EA Sports Active Program on Easy - 5/17/12
Buy a smaller belt -  5/17/12 (size 38)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud

Mini's Past