It's tough going somewhere new, not knowing anybody, and hoping they won't laugh at you too bad when you don't know the armor values of their mini's or what you have to roll to hit something. I am a casual player but I want to play.
So I went to the game store for Causal Warmachine night... and no one was playing Warmachine. =( Eventually there were a couple of games of Warhammer Fantasy, and later a couple of 40k games broke out. They were nice enough but where's the Warmachine? I have army's for both Fantasy and 40k, they just are not what I am into right now. That might change when the new fantasy book comes out in July but for now, give me my boys in blue!
I hung out and met people. I watched games and chatted for about 3 hours. This is what I learned:
- Casual Warmachine Night just means open gaming.
- If I have a different night off, I can go up and play then.
- The calendar posted is not as accurate as I once thought.
- Warmachine is not as prevalent here as it was in Kentucky
- If I want a game, I will have to schedule one with someone on the local chat board.
Thanks for reading!