Instagram Feed

Monday, May 31, 2010

New Ways to Play the Game

I found a new blog the other day.  Check out Hero's Gaming Blog.  One of the things he mentions is getting in some Warmachine games on Vassel.  My bet is most of you have already found this site but it was new to me.  I downloaded the engine, which they had a version for mac =)  Then I downloaded the module for Warmachine.  Now, here's the part that is going to sound really weird.  I played both sides!  This is when I realized I don't know the rules!   I found out that I normally rely on my opponents to tell me what to roll.  I never noticed it before but playing a new opponent on Thursday, I realized how much I depended on other people to know the rules.  By playing both sides I learned:
  • More of the rules.  There was no one to ask and I had to look up a ton of rules.  At the same time, it made me learn them.
  • I learned the stats for more models.  I played Cygnar vs Cygnar so I effectively got two games under my belt.  By the end, I was able to roll dice and not look at the cards every two seconds.
  • I also learned (again) that I play too defensively.  A game vs. my self takes forever!  Not very fun.
Anyway, I like the engine and it would also be a easy to do a battle report with the picture function.

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud

Mini's Past