The Food: Hearty Queso
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar of queso
- 1 bag of corn tortilla chips
- Cook the ground beef and season with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion. Think taco meat.
- Drain the black beans and corn.
- Drain the meat when it is cooked through.
- Pour the beans and corn in the same pan as the beef and mix on a medium temp.
- Turn the temp to low and add the queso. Stir. If you let it sit, the cheese will burn to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with corn chips.
- This also works well in a slow cooker at parties!
Thursday night is our DnD 4E game. We have been playing for a couple of months now and the newbies are hacking their way through hobgoblins and undead like pros. Well, at least like competent amateurs. Last week, they ran head long into a patrol of hobgoblins that were able to roll 18-20's on most of their attack rolls. The fighter, was knocked into his second death saving throw (3 strikes and your out). This week, the fighter and the cleric were both absent, leaving the party with just the female players.
They decided to leave the dungeon, sell some loot, and buy healing potions and some AoE alchemist fire. Girls after my own heart. When they made it back to Winterhaven, they found that the dead in the graveyard had risen and the town needed them to fight off their dead relatives. Once in the graveyard, they ran into the female elf who had given them bad information and nearly caused their demise.
The alchemist fire bombs quickly dispatched the decrepit skeletons while concentrated attacks took out the Elven B****. They found a note on her, giving them more reason than ever to return to the keep and stop the evil plans at work. They also learned the name of the one trying to open the portal: Kalarel.