I finally got the last pieces glued onto the Tharn Ravagers. I really like the way these guys look.
I usually base last but I ran into problems with that before. I decided to try basing before priming this time. I tore off pieces of cork and super glued it down. Some of the cork I cut in half, as it was too tall.
I used a little watered down glue to add sand and I like the effect. The cork seems to blend in well.
Here is the unit with cork and sand.
I moved outside and used Valspar's gray primer (not paint) that I picked up at a home improvement store. This is going to look a little funny until we mow.
The coat went on well and provides plenty of tooth for the first layer. Up next: blocking in colors. I had to refer back to my original color blog to remember the mix I wanted to use.