Instagram Feed

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Building A Terrain Table

My friend Jeremy and I got together to build a game table for him. He had scrounged some pieces of polystyrene for free. We were hoping to make 2x2 squares but the pieces weren't wide enough. The wood underneath is actually a packing crate.




Stupid math skills...



I love my hot wire cutter! I picked this one up at Hobby Lobby for about $5 several years ago.



We ended up with 18" x 48" rectangles. We considered cutting them in half but Jeremy decided he would like to keep up with 4 pieces rather than 8. If we do it right, we should be able to arrange these in any order. They should also be flip-able, 180 degrees.




Next, we started cutting out hills. We are planning to attach these to the board. Jeremy also has a few hills and terrain pieces that are movable.



I cut those out!



He may kill me for posting this but we are both in our grubbies. We had a great time. Now we just have to plan the next time we can get together.



Next steps - glue sand, prime black, dry brush to make it look like a lava world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud

Mini's Past