Instagram Feed

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tharn Ravagers

My friend Coffey came over a the first of the month and he just happened to have his miniatures in the car with him. I haven't really messed with my miniatures for about 2 years and he wanted me to start playing again. I resisted but his models looked great. Over the next few days, I dug out my stuff, just to find what I still had un-built / un-painted. The next thing I knew, I was pulling out tools and models and super glue. I found my Tharn Ravagers, models I really wanted to build and paint. Here they are in the beginning. (The images are click-able to make them larger).




The first step was collecting the pieces into the specific miniatures. I followed the box very closely, for the simple reason that I liked the poses. If I add more later, I will probably vary the poses some. However, I will be more familiar with the models then and more comfortable changing them.



After lots of pinning, super glue, and green stuff, they look like this:


The above picture still uses some white wall tack to hold the models together just for the pictures. Basically, I wanted a picture and still wasn't ready to glue everything yet. About half-way through this process, I found a great site on building the Ravagers. It takes you through step-by-step how to get them together. Check it out, about 2/3rds of the way down the page at Brushthralls.com.

Here is a close up of one of the Ravagers.





At this point, I realized that the box set of Tharn Ravagers contains 4 miniatures while you are actually allowed to field a unit of 6 plus the Shaman. I really want to paint a full unit at one time so they look the same (for better or worse) so these are on a little bit of a hold while I scrounge up the money for 3 more models.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud

Mini's Past