Instagram Feed

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Post 250!

I started this blog in April of 2009 as a way to catalog the techniques and paints I was using on my miniatures.  You can read the first post here.  I was already playing Warmachine (Cygnar) and I had recently gotten into Hordes (Circle).  I chose Circle because they were primarily browns and greens.  I already had blue Cygnar, blue Warhammer Fantasy Lizardmen, and blue Warhammer 40k Space Marines.  I wanted to branch out and you can see my first attempts at other colors in the Tharn Ravagers.  I still have a love for blue and have started picking up Trollkin for Hordes.  Let's face it, blue makes me happy!

Over the years, I began doing a Heads Up Display for my new years resolutions.  You can find them in the side bar or the 2016 one here.  I recently went back and realized that a number of those miniatures have been sitting on each years list for multiple years.  Granted I wasn't painting much but it was a tough thing to see Eiryss the Mage Hunter, the Firefly 'Jack, and the Cyclone 'jack from back in 2012.  My biggest goal this year is to see those three done and off the list.

My other big go get is to actually play more.  I started playing at the local game store with MK3 released and I have played my goal of 10 games.  I am planning on playing tonight as a matter of fact, so I can get the requisite games in for the Crossroads League.

In the last few years, I have also had the great fortune to develop an RPG group and some of their adventures have ended up here.  I have also discovered the great joy of board games again.  These two interests culminated in a Grill Drink Game Con that we had at my house in April.  We had about 15-20 people show up.  We grilled.  We drank.  We gamed.  It was awesome!

Recently, I purchased my first air brush and started learning those techniques of painting.  I have wanted to try this for years and I am truly enjoying it.  I also built my first terrain pieces.  These were also a surprise enjoyment!

For the rest of the year, I hope to complete the three miniatures I listed above.  I also plan to continue playing.  I have started a new job that gives me a lot more free time and I hope to put it to "painting" use!  Thanks for a great 250 posts!
The unpainted masses cry out for paint!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud

Mini's Past