Instagram Feed

Friday, August 14, 2009

Painting Deadlines

Recently, several paint challenges have been posted, both the Tale of Painters and A Tale of Even More Painters. They both offer incentives to paint a full army in one year. The Rules for the first one go something like this :
  • LEGAL 2000 (1000) point armies
  • 200 (100) points per month
  • First deadline: September 14th, 2009
  • Last deadline: August 14, 2010
  • 2 Jokers to use in the 12 month period
  • The deadline for entries is the 14th of each month at 11:59 PM MST (GMT-6).
(Ok, I cut and pasted so they are exactly like this)

The larger numbers are for 40k, Lord of the Ring, and Fantasy armies. The smaller numbers are for Warmachine and Hordes.

I have to say, I am intrigued by the idea of painting 100 pts of Warmachine/Hordes in a month. Then again, it has taken me 3 months to almost finish my Tharn Ravagers. So here are my own deadlines (lets see how long they last!)

  • August 30th - Finish the Tharn Ravagers (yes, based and sealed) (139 pts) [Finished!!!]
  • September 30th - 2 Cygnar Centurions, currently based and started outlining (226 pts) [Continued and added the Hammersmith]
  • October 31th - Defender, Hunter, and Sentinel, these are also based and if I do them assembly line with the Centurions, I will give myself until October 30th for the lot. (282 pts) [Finished!!!]
  • November 30th - 6 Gun Mages and 1 Gun Mage Solo - these are harder for me because in my head there are more models. (122 pts)
  • December 30th - 6 Storm Blades + the Officer and Standard Bearer. (127 pts)
I think that's enough for now. I know it doesn't make a coherent army list but hopefully it will fill in some gaps I currently have. The nice part about this list is that I already own all of these models. Many I got at swap meets at my local gaming store.

I automated reminder blog posts on the the above dates, reminding me of my goals. I can already feel the clock counting down...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice set of targets, I like how you are varying the units too to stop boredom setting in. I often find that if I paint some infantry I need to paint something completely different straight after. Good luck with your painting aims, and thank you for the group mention:)

All the best,

73rd

Admiral Drax said...

ood luck, Shelexie: not much chance of unit variety for me!

Post a Comment

Label Cloud

Mini's Past